Ancient Art Rock in Raja Ampat – Indonesia

Ancient Art Rock in Raja Ampat – Indonesia


            Ancient rock painting in Raja Ampat, West Papua, Indonesia. It remains pictures of ocean life and humans’ hand print. Regarded as they were left by aborigines from Australia because most of these arts were often found in that country. They were estimated having 3 to 5 thousand years old.

            First, I thought this was kind of lying, for they said it is an ancient painting, yet I found human’s hand print which was made by spraying. It is weird that 3 or 5 thousand years before has spray can. And after, I found people said they sprayed by mouth which is reasonable enough. How smart they are! xD hahaha

            Actually, I got no information from the tour guide, but I did more research on the internet after I arrive home. The only thing I own here are these two pieces of photos.












Article I have read:
·     * Preshistoric petroglyph rock paintings in Raja Ampat, West Papua, Indonesia – by Dian Hasan : https://enchantingeden.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/preshistoric-petroglyph-rock-paintings-in-raja-ampat-west-papua/
·     * Diving Raja Ampat – The Resort Experience in Misool – by Tim Hochgrebe : https://underwater.com.au/article/id/9736-diving-raja-ampat-the-resort-experience-in-misool/
·     * Dreamtime: Nov 01, 2016 (sorry, I forget to copy the link)

·     * Jon Cornforth: Apr 25, 2011 (sorry, I forget to copy the link)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tob Prohet - Phnom Penh, Cambodia

តូបប្រហិត Tob Prohet Taste was good, shop was clean, and price was acceptable ;) Location: on street 122, behind National Pediatri...