2,500 Rupiahs

The Disgusting Money


You know what? These 2,500 Rupiahs are the only disgusting money I have ever seen and felt!

Things are not always go as planned. But every unexpected thing that bump into ours were all worth remembering. Just like these five pieces of coins.

Remember when I was in taxi in Makassar, Indonesia, the driver asked me to pay for the toll road for 12,500 Rupiahs, added on my fare. As I did not have smaller currency for that amount, so I handed him 15,000. And when he got the changes, he kept them in his shirt pocket first. A few minutes later, he started to sneeze, then he used his right hand to wiped his nose and throw the liquid through the car window! Next, he rubbed his SURELY wet hand with his trousers. Suddenly, he was kind of remembered that he had to give me the changes. Evv! But why now? Why that right hand?” I was screaming in my head.

I paused a bit, but I called myself back on time and took them from him so as not to be rude. “Remember to keep holding these coins, and will never use this hand until get chance to clean them.” Talk to myself.

Certainly, the money I hold was gross, the currency was not.


Whatever, I still keep them in my coin collection pocket.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tob Prohet - Phnom Penh, Cambodia

តូបប្រហិត Tob Prohet Taste was good, shop was clean, and price was acceptable ;) Location: on street 122, behind National Pediatri...